Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 28th, 2018 Dushanbe, Tajikistan

4AM I arrived at Dushanbe and roamed a little bit at the airport. At the advice of the information lady, I walked to the bus station to go to Esir. I first got on a taxi that basically went the same route as bus number 8, which the girl told me to take to the end. I only had 1 TJS. He wanted 3 so I left the car to change 5 USD and got 43.95 TJS. I took the number 8 bus this time and had to transfer again before taking a taxi to Esir.

9AM I arrived at Esir. It was not mind blowing by any stretch of the imagination. I took another couple of hours there. People are extremely welcoming and friendly. I'll remember that.













11AM I headed back to Dushanbe. It turned out awfully complicated. I had to change several times because they thought I wanted to go to Rudaki instead of Rudaki Park. I finally arrived at 2:30PM. I walked around for 20 minutes before heading to the Toqi Restaurant, also recommended by the information desk lady in the morning.



3PM I met Irina and her husband Anvarat at Toqi. The soup was great and the dumpling was just like that in Uzbekistan. The beef was a little hard and not tender. It was okay. The restaurant first told me that they took visa and then said they didn't have the machine when I tried to pay. I gave 5 USD to Anvar, who spotted me 45.1 TJS that I owed. They were very kind and waited to give me a ride to the airport.
3:30PM We arrived. I gave them my Facebook and checked in. I tried to change the rest of my TJS but couldn't find anyone, not even Russians to change with. I got 20 TJS from a stranger. I left to board around 5 to depart at 5:30PM.

7PM I got to Dubai and sat in the small lounge at terminal 2. I let a Pakistani guy into the lounge for 200 PKR. I boarded my flight to Amritsar at 11:30PM. I arrived at 4:00AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment