Sunday, July 29, 2018

June 30th, 2018 Castries, Saint Lucia to St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda

5AM I slept in the car and started driving to Jade Mountain Resort. When I was 30 minutes away from Soufrière, Saint Lucia, I stopped at where I thought was a view point. I back into a ditch. A good Samaritan came by to try to put rocks underneath to no avail. We finally called Sixt to try to get someone to tow it out. The good Samaritan drove me to Soufrière, Saint Lucia and we found the guy parked at the side of the street. We got it out with some help from 4 men driving by. I gave a 20 XCD tip to the tow guy and went on. I arrived at Jade Mountain at 10:20AM and the manager no longer let me in for breakfast. I drove to La Levada instead and took a milk shake there for some shots of the Piton. I drove back to get into the public beach next to Jade Mountain.






12PM They wouldn't let me get lunch there. I was wasting too much time talking to security and my flight to Antigua and Barbuda was soon. I gave up and drove back to the airport for my flight leaving at 3PM.

7PM I arrived at Antigua and Barbuda. I didn't book any car rentals and they were all leaving. I just took the only one there at the time, Dollar Car Rental, for 46.20 USD. It was a real SUV this time. I drove to have dinner at Hemingway Cafe. I had some fish, shrimp dish and then drove to the English Harbor. Surprisingly, all the bars were shut down. I didn't really know where the concert was going on. Apparently the whole island is there. I drove back to downtown and found a couple of clubs but I didn't think anyone was there. I was too tired and just slept in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment