Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 20th, 2018 Pointe Noire, Republic of Congo to Cotonou, Benin

7AM I slept thought the night and woke to meet Christian to go to the airport for my flight at 11AM. He said he would meet me there after his meeting ending at 9:30AM.

10AM He never showed up so I got the boarding pass. I got 8 USD back for 4000 XAF after some donations. I waited until 10AM to check in. Our flight left at 11:10AM.

1PM I arrived at Cotonou, Benin. I walked out of the airport toward the city. I passed the Chinese Ambassador's home and used the internet at a Chinese restaurant/hotel nearby. I booked my next to flights from COO to NDJ and NDJ to LBV the following morning. The prices were rising fast. I think they were half the price before at around 300 USD each. Now they are around 600 each. I booked them and walked to the guesthouse. They wanted 5,500 XAF. 

6PM I agreed and took a motorbike to Maquis du port. They took cash only so I took 20,000 XAF out from a hotel nearby and sat in the restaurant for 1 hour before ordering food.

10PM I took a motorbike back and bought a coconut ice cream before heading back to the guesthouse. I just had to get something to drink before going to bed. I showered and went to bed at around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment