Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 21st, 2018 Cotonou, Benin and N'djamena, Chad

7AM I woke and took a bike to Marche Dantokpa for 500 XAF at 8. It was like any other African market. I then took a motorbike to Centre Artisanal for 300 XAF. It was like any other tourist market. I took another bike to the beach nearby the guesthouse. I saw people fishing.

10AM I took another motorbike home to grab my stuff. I forgot my pillow there and then just headed to the airport. I exchanged rest of my western XAF to central XAF at 1:1 after receiving 100 central XAF and exchanging that with another stranger.

11:20AM I went to the lounge and stayed there until boarding.

12:30PM We arrived at Lome. I had to run to transfer very quickly and grab my boarding pass. There seems to be some issue with the luggage going from Air Burkina on this flight handling over to ASKY. We will see what happens.

1:15PM My flight left for DLA.

8PM My flight arrived at N'djamena. A man gave me a ride to a popular restaurant called Le Carnivore. There was a Chinese restaurant nearby and I looked for the apartment I booked on booking.com there. I took a motorbike. However, they were fully booked even though I booked the last one on booking.com. They looked in the other complex but it was fully occupied also. My driver was a second year medical student. He drove me back to the Chinese restaurant and I asked him a scenario about pulmonary embolism. He charged me 500 XAF only. I gave him 1 CNY as tip.

9PM I negotiated 30,000 XAF instead of the 50,000 normal price. I changed money with the French owner at Le Carnivore without buying anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment