Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 22nd, 2018 Malabo, Equatorial Guinea

12:30AM I watched about 30 minutes of Gladiator and went to bed.

4:30AM I woke up to go to the airport. I met another world traveler whose count is at 103. He confirmed to me that Gabon has visa on arrival and he is on his way to Central Africa Republic.

9AM I arrived at Douala, Cameroon. I took a motorbike to the Cathedral Saint Pierre and then took another one to the statue. There is a commercial district we past and then there is nothing. I was going to get a ice cream but the taste sample was not impressive so I left for the airport. It only took me 2 hours to see what I needed to see.

12PM I am back at the airport. I found the lounge at the checkin side and sat there to call Delta to try to book a flight using miles from BGF to JIB by Kenya Airways. I waited twice with the first one being disconnected after 1 hour. I finally got on with another agent after a second hour of waiting. You can't use miles for this flight. I would end up spending more than 1,000 USD going to Central Africa Republic, then to Djibouti. The worst thing is the two layovers in Cameroon of 15 hours each.

4PM After going through the flights, I am leaning towards just going directly to Djibouti from Libreville. That might give me two nights of free hotels, save 1,000 USD and leave 5 rather than 4 days for India. I do lose Central Africa Republic. I boarded for Equatorial Guinea at 5PM.

5:30PM It only took 30 minutes to get to Malabo, an island of the mainland of Equatorial Guinea. I took a taxi to the Cathedral St. Isabel for 1,000 CFA. I changed 20 USD to go to Bon Appetite but when I told this to the Nigerian man who did the exchange with me, he brought me to a hole in the wall local place half of a block away to try some local fish. It was alright. I think she only charged me 1,500 XAF, 1,000 for the fish and 500 for the coke.

8PM I caught a half broken car with her wheels squeaking back to the airport for 1,000 XAF. I eventually found a Ceiba International agent but he wouldn't give me accommodation. I went into the Priority Pass Lounge and stayed until all the Lufthansa passengers departed at 10:30PM. I had to go back downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment