Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 10th, 2018 Port Louis, Mauritius to Antananarivo, Madagascar

1:30PM The plane took 9 hours to get to Mauritius. I got through immigration around 2PM. The taxi driver quoted me 70 round trip to Le Morne, which seemed like a nice photographic spot. I rented a car for 1150 MUR. It took around 1 and half hours to get the Le Morne. It was underwhelming. I went to the edge of the park and it was already 4 and I started heading back. I went by the other rock but there were no good place to take photos so I continued to drive towards the airport. I filled the gas tank all the way instead half way. The bill was 1363.19 MURs. What a mistake!





6:45PM The rental car company won't refund me. I continued my check in. I got though easily and took a shower at the lounge.

8:05PM I got to the gate just in time and flew to Madagascar.

9:45PM I got to Antananarivo. The visa was 37 USD or 35 EUR. I paid in USD. It was less. I tried to see if they would give me accommodation since the layover was over 8 hours. There was no one there.

11PM A few Chinese people tried to get me to a Chinese hotel. I thought the front desk person was Chinese but he wasn't and wanted 120,000 MGAs. I bargained with Scaritel, the hotel next door for a while. The manager was a girl who just came back drunk and tipsy. She let me have it and included a ride to the airport for 50,000 MGA, which is 20 EUR minus 26,000 MGA she gave me for exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment