Wednesday, July 4, 2018

June 7th, 2017 Skellig Michael, Ireland

7AM I woke up to drive to Skellig which was only 15 minutes away. 

7:45AM I got to the Skellig experience center but they didn't leave until 9AM. They almost didn't let me on because they only put me on as a maybe.

10AM I arrived to Skellig Michael. The boat took a whole hour and was almost nauseating because it went up and down a few feet. We are to return in 2 hours.

There was so much rain that I was completely soaked in 2 hours. It was so hard to see and I couldn't even tell where the other island is.

12PM I ran back at 11:45AM and got there the second they were leaving.

1PM I got back and started driving back to Cahersiveen, where I asked Sive Hostel to use their shower since I didn't in the morning. I had some fish at QC's, which was passable and started driving toward Cliffs of Moher. I napped a couple of times and didn't get to the cliffs there until 8PM. The visitor center is already closed but they don't close the place. It was so foggy I couldn't see anything.

10PM I drove to Shannon, a much smaller place than I expected. There was only one pub, where I just bought a latte. I got a milk at the end. They close at 11PM and I slept in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment