Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 13th, 2018 Morondava, Madagascar to Antananarivo, Madagascar

5AM We left for the sunrise shot of baobabs. We finished around 8AM. 

10AM I left my luggage at Hostel Manabe and walked to get crab again at Le Corail. It is probably the best crab I had for the price and even if you discount how cheap it was. I had them do both garlic and curry and they gave me 2 crabs for just 15,000 MGA, which is just over 4 USD.

11:30AM They did take 45 minutes to make the crab so I had to hurry at the end so I can get to the airport to fly back to Antananarivo. I took a tuk-tuk and got there still with 15 minutes of time left given how small of an airport it was. They didn't even have a metal detector gate and used a handheld one instead.

1PM I arrived back at Antananarivo airport. I exchanged with an elderly American to get back 5 USD. I found Gassy Country for 70,000 MGA, which was not bad given it looked sort of fancy. I had less than that on me and had not had drank water or any fluids. I walked to Scaritel, which was 2.7 kilometer away. The same lady wouldn't give me the room for less than 60,000 MGA and would charge me another 15,000 MGA for morning transport to airport. I walk back to Gassy Country House and bargained it to 60,500, which is what I thought I had left. 

4PM I went to sleep. There was still one mosquito here even though it was not hot in Antananarivo. I had to cover everything and it got hot. I woke up at 11PM and couldn't sleep until 3AM for about an hour. They knocked my door at 3:30AM and I told them to wait until 4AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment