Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 17th, 2018 Luanda, Angola

9AM I woke and woke up the front desk girl. She spoke good English and offered to give me a lift to see a couple of sites. Her aunt wanted 50 USD for a day tour.

12PM Her brother showed up to give us a lift to her family owned hotel. I met her mother and aunt. We then left for the assembly building. I took a picture just inside the gate. She then drove to Cafe del Mar, which is on a thin strip of peninsula. The food was on the expensive side because this place is a foreigner destination. I ate around 8400 AOA but they didn't take USD at the black market rate. I made the girl take 10 USD and 20 EUR. We went directly to the airport and got there around 2PM. I was able to break 100 USD and got my 20 EUR back. I went into one of the worst if not the worst Priority Pass Lounge, which rationed sodas to 2 per person. The English men didn't come back. I met an cute Norwegian girl and talked for 1 hour about climbing and traveling before she left. She has summitted all 7 peaks.






11PM I left for Brazzaville, Congo. I met a Chinese man who's been to most of the world for business. He and his assistant gave me a ride to the Radisson Hotel. I gave the front desk 10 USD to sleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment