Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 12th, 2018 Morondava, Madagascar

7:30AM I am sleeping so much these couple of days. Their continental breakfast was dismal- one loaf of bread and tea. No juice or sodas. I asked for the owner to come out, who they always say is sleeping. He came out eventually and was the same Chinese guy who was at the restaurant yesterday. He claimed that the hotel is paying for the breakfast themselves, not their airlines. He gave me a razer but said nowhere else do they give you one, not in the US nor Europe. He did offer me 3,100 MGA for 1 USD for exchange. I exchanged 70 USD. We will see how bad of a deal that turns out to be.

9AM My car arrived and picked me up. It took less than an hour to get to the airport this time even with moderate traffic.

12:45PM I slept on the bench for an hour. The plane left on time. We arrived just before 3PM. This is even a smaller airport. I shared a tut-tut with a girl for 5,000 MGA each. I bargained with the driver for both the sunset and sunrise ride to the baobabs for 60,000 MGA total.




3PM We left for the baobabs. I had to wet my shirt completely due to the heat. We drove around for 2 hours. I felt asleep in the back seat of the car and completely missed the sunset. I guess I will be back tomorrow.



7:30PM We got back and I proceeded to walk to Chez Alain, the restaurant recommended by the Chinese hotel owner. The royal plate does cost 50,000 MGA but they let me just buy half of one. I am going to end up having cash left over to exchange back.






10PM It was a horrible night. I slept with my shirt wet because how hot it was. The fan was weak. There were no mosquito nets and I was bitten more than 10 times in extremities and on the face. I barely got 1 hour of sleep if that.


No comments:

Post a Comment