Sunday, July 8, 2018

March 25th, 2018 To Istanbul

5:50AM I walked downstairs and didn't see the people we saw yesterday. I had breakfast and took the shuttle to the airport to head to Djibouti.

11AM I will never mention I am in transit again if I am not sure that they issue transit visas. They refused to give me visa on arrival once I revealed that I was going to Turkey in 3 hours. I just wasted 1 day and maybe 500 USD for a layover in Addis Ababa, Djibouti and Istanbul while I could have gone to Tirana with perhaps just one stop. What a waste!

2PM We left for Istanbul. We landed at 7:10PM. I got some food from the Prime Class Lounge. I am a regular now. I took too long and then made my way to the Turkish Airlines office for the layover hotel. They were going to take another 20 minutes so I left for the Haman at Sultanahmet. I was late again this time again only 10 minutes earlier at 9:40. I argued a little bit to no avail and left a note for the boss. One of the employees paid for my monorail ticket to Kemankes Mah Haman. They were going to charge me 230 TRY but since they knew the employee who brought me, they gave me the bath for the same price they charged last year at 190 TRY.

11PM This was definitely more thorough than the one I had two weeks ago. The bubble bath that time only lasted 5 minutes and it was probably close to 10 to 15 minutes this time. Scrubbing was also longer by 10 minutes. I would say he put in about 30 minutes of work. I am not sure the whole thing is worth that much. Maybe one after a trip to Africa deserves one. I left at 11:20PM. A nice elderly gentleman paid for my monorail. It took more than 1 hour to get to the airport at 12:35AM. I am still not sure if it's better to change to the monorail at Aksaray or Zeytinburnu.

No comments:

Post a Comment