Sunday, July 8, 2018

April 1st, 2018 Jodhpur, India





6AM I arrived at Jodhpur. I walked for a while before taking a bus to the clock tower. I got a lassi for 40 INR and continued to the Toorji Ka Jhalra Step Well. It was nice and much better than the one in Jaipur. I took about 30 minutes there and continued to advance to Mehrangarh Fort. That was great. I took about 2 hours there under the 42 degree Celsius sun of Jodhpur. 

































1PM I finished at about noon and walked to Jaswant Thada. That was a nice garden and memorial. I had lunch at "JHANKAR..Choti-Haveli" Restaurant. The cashew curry was definitely overrated by the tourist here. I proceeded to spend another half an hour at Toorji Ka Jhalra. I then went for 1 hour of zip lining for 1,600 INR. I finished around 5 and tried to go for the shot behind Jaswant Thada with the fort in the background. I hired a tuk-tuk to get there but we couldn't get t\though the entrance. I quickly realized it was a shot only obtainable during sunrise. When I was walking out, I met a 55 year old Indian man who claimed he knew all the angles to take photography in Jodhpur. I was curious and told the tuk-tuk to wait for us while I checked out his photos. To be honest, they were hardly impressive at all. I left with the driver to the palace. They wanted 5,000 INR up front which I think is due to the fact I took a tuk-tuk there. It didn't look that interesting so I just took a photo and left.

8PM I roamed around the road near exit of the palace and walked and chatted with people in a tailor shop. I then walked to a supermarket to buy a USB type C cable for my Galaxy 9 plus. I got a tuk-tuk for 61 INR and got to the station.

9:30PM I got to the station and sat in the cafe across the street. I broke the glass as I was leaving and I had to pay 20 INR. My bus left at 10:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment