Saturday, November 4, 2017

March 4th, 2017 Kathmandu, Nepal

5AM I woke and took a taxi for 3 USD and 10 NPR. I checked in and rode the bus with a Japanese group and a couple. My Everest flight was canceled due to the lack of visibility. I was to be refunded later.

7AM I headed straight to Patan. I took a taxi. They weren't charging entrance fee so I took a bunch of pictures before they caught me on the way out.


9AM I took the bus to the monkey temple. It took almost an hour and I almost fell asleep.








11AM I took a taxi to my last stop, the Kathmandu Durbar Square. I had to exchange another 5 USD to pay the driver 200 NPR.








1PM I took 30 minutes to walk back to Thamel. The taxi caught traffic and I got there at 1:42PM. I paid him 330 NPR. They had closed the counter already. It was a lost cause. I tried to buy a ticket from Jet Airway. They charged me and then discovered my Indian visa had already expired on the 3/2/2017. This was my guess a month ago on when I should be in India. They wouldn't listen to me and refunded me the ticket. They said they wouldn't let me travel.

3PM I had another idea. I booked my ticket to Doha through Oman Airlines. It had a 21 hour layover at Muscat, Oman. I booked it through Onetravel. The price went up from 260 USD to 334.55 USD.  I tried to cancel and order again through Oman's website. I don't think it was available anymore. I had originally asked them to help me check in but was on the phone to cancel with Onetravel. The person from Oman came but I was on the phone so he got irritated and left. I went back to the office and he came and helped me check in. I was in the Executive lounge by 4:30PM. I spoke to a dentist from Kuwait and asked him about Oman and the gulf countries. He listened to what happened to me and suggested that I check with the Indian Embassy early morning tomorrow at Muscat. I think it was a good idea to try.

8:30PM My plane left for Muscat, Oman.

11:30PM We reached Muscat, Oman. I swear, this is the longest ride from the plane to the terminal.  It has been 15 minutes and I'm still in the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment