Saturday, November 4, 2017

March 1st, 2017 Dhaka, Bangladesh

5AM We landed and I gave them back their luggage.

8AM Malindo Air was not a budget airline and they weren't checking weights that tightly at KLIA 1. I got in fine with my tripod. I went to the Premium Lounge again. I talked to an Indian couple about my trip. They suggested the night train to Varanasi and bus to Agra, then to Jaipur and Jodhpur and back to Delhi before Punjab.



10:20AM I got on the plane for Dhaka.

12:30PM I have arrived but spent way too much time trying to get the transit visa like I did before at Sri Lanka. They wouldn't give it to me no matter what I said. I wasted 3 hours there in different lines and at the Biman Bangladesh office. It didn't matter that much since there was nothing to see here.

5PM I arrive at my 15 USD hotel, at least it's a single room but of course the one in Taiwan is better.

5:25PM I took a tricycle tut-tut to New Market. It was great. I wish I felt more safe here. There were just so many people here and I was the only tourist and didn't feel comfortable enough to take out my camera. I met a couple and their friend there at the exchange place.

8PM A Muslim man led me to Dhanmondi area, where I was told to eat at the market by another girl. I had seafood which in my case was curry fish, which is full of bones. I survived. I ran into the same couple by the way.


  
4PM I finally got out. People really ask for tip here. I took an Uber to my booked hotel. It was 30 minutes south and on the way to the fort. Pollution is pretty bad here so much it looks like China.

7PM I exchanged 5 USD for 400 BDT. It wasn't good at all. The hotel manager told me it was around 82 per USD now. I needed the money to use the tricycle again. 

9PM I left for the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment