Monday, November 13, 2017

April 22nd, 2017 Marrakech, Morocco

2:30AM I woke up to go the CTM bus station. The hostel lied. There was nothing available. I took another taxi to the main station and waited there for 3 hours to leave at 6:30AM.









10AM It is very cold here. I thought it would be a desert and hot. I took another taxi off the road for 27 MAD and got there. There was no ticket charge so I just walked around the place for 2 hours. It was noon when I finished. I gave my camera to a couple of girls to take my picture and asked them for a ride to Marrakech. The driver asked me to ask the group leader, who is their friend who lived in LA, agreed. Surprisingly, the driver then claimed possible run-in with the police. I had to find the earlier driver who offered me 1500 MAD.

6:30PM I arrived at Ben Youssef Madrasa. I think I would have made it if the driver would let me off 700 meter away. He let me off 1000 meter away, with the time being 6:30PM, 30 minutes after they closed. They wouldn't let me in no matter what and I walked to the mosque. I came back and had a tajine, salad, juice for 900 MAD. 

9PM They let me have the shower towel for free even though they wanted 10 MAD. I left for the bus station at 9:30PM. The CTM bus was 175 MAD and left at 11:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment