Monday, November 13, 2017

April 21st, 2017 Casa Blanca, Morocco to Marrakech, Morocco

4:30AM I woke up and left around 5. It took 30 minutes to get to the airport. The plane left on time around 7:10AM. I chatted with the Algerian woman next to me. She is an independent film director and gave me some ideas for going around Algeria.

11AM I arrived at Casa Blanca. The customs line took forever but a couple of guys helped me get to the train station. I hadn't exchanged money yet so they paid for me.







1PM I walked to Parc de la Ligue Arabe, which was completely lame. That New York Times article that described this was garbage. I took a taxi to Hassan II and then walked to Rick's cafe, which was closed. I ate at Sqala for lunch. I had a whote fish tajine. It was pretty good. I walked to the old Medina, which wasn't as dangerous as people say. One guy even tried to stop me.







4PM I couldn't find the pastry place so I left as I was short on time. The train takes 45 minutes to get there. I took the 5PM train and got there around 6PM. I almost had a heart attack at this time because my Samsung Galaxy S7 would restart every 2 minutes, literally.

9PM I arrived at Marrakech. I was going to take the bus. A old man offered 50 MAD for the taxi ride. I took it because the bus needed longer and I didn't know if booking a tour was possible any later. I was immediately approached a bunch of tour operators. One wanted 250 MAD, so did my hostel. But both came back at 7PM and I needed to come back earlier to go to Fes. I walked around the Jemaa el-Fnaa. I think it's the best I have seen. I bought 2 gelato scoops and a juice. I opted for the local bus to I can come back and take pictures of Marrakech.

No comments:

Post a Comment