Saturday, November 18, 2017

April 29th, 2017 Rome, Italy and Vatican City

8AM I arrived but spent a lot of time using the wifi in the lounge, even through there was not a shower nor any real food there. I took the train to Rome's main train terminal. the luggage storage there is a total scam and takes an hour to line. There was a Bangladesh man trying to get people to use his luggage instead. It is 6 EUR from 9AM to 9PM instead of 6 EUR and 1 EUR per hour at the train station. I negotiated to pick up the next day.








12PM I took off immediately to Vatican. There were many people selling tours. I took one for 40 EUR as I heard that this city requires a guide. Our guide was pretty good, especially considering what I got tomorrow. The paintings, sculptures are all the best I have seen. the Sistine Chapel was magnificent. I took some picture though it was forbidden like other people there.


3PM I left the Sistine Chaple at 3PM and got to the Colosseo at 4PM. The tour is 25 EUR. There were many guides here. But they said I couldn't so both the Colosseo and the forum so I decided to doing a walking tour now and postpone the Colosseo until tomorrow.








5PM I went to the Fontana di Trevi, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Spagna. I took a bus to Casa Sparita. The owner told me to wait for 15 minutes so I looked for the internet to reset my phone. Remember I was still having a problem with my phone. It would go into an infinite loop of rebooting if it loses internet.





I returned in 15 minutes and had to fight with the waiter because they said they were closing in 15 minutes. I pleaded with the owner and he seated me upstairs. The food was bad and I don't think I'll ever go to a Bourdain choice again. It's been mediocre or bad 4 times in a row.

11PM I couldn't find any hostels for less than 60 EUR and it was getting really cold. I was only wearing a shirt and the blazer. It was more than enough during the day but definitely not at night. I walked half way and took a bus with some direction help from locals back to the train station. I couldn't find any hostels still and was told that the train station would close and the only thing I could do is go to the McDonald's. I bought a chocolate milk and was told I couldn't fall asleep. I swear half of the people here look like criminals. I bought another one at 4AM. The place was horrific. I was being moved from one corner to the opposite as they started to clean areas. There is this Nigerian bouncer who watches and kicks people out. I hid in the bathroom and was found and kicked out of there within 10 minutes. The bouncer said I could stay until 4:30AM when the station opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment