Saturday, November 4, 2017

March 3rd, 2017 Pokhara, Nepal to Kathmandu, Nepal



12:30AM My plane arrived at midnight and I was going to share a ride with the Germans. However, they took forever and the Spaniards ditched me. I founded that some Chinese were going to Thamel so I hitched a ride from them. I arrived at Zen Bed and Breakfast at 1AM and went to bed.

5AM I woke and took a taxi to the airport. It turned out I was way too early so I bargained to get the Everest flight tomorrow morning at 160 USD. My flight left around 8AM to Pokhara.




8:20AM I arrived just after a 20 minute flight and bargained for a paraglide excursion for 74 USD. 

11:30AM I must say the ride was pretty amazing. The pilot was an Englishman. We got up to 2100 meters riding the thermal layers of wind up 700 meters.





















1PM I exchanged some money and had a mocha ice cream coffee and walked around the lake for a couple of hours without any events, except when I ran into a German girl who tried to convince me to take longer for my travels.







3:08PM I headed to the airport and left around 4PM for Kathmandu. The entrance fee for Pashupatinath 
temple was 1000 NPR.

5:45PM I thought the taxis was just too expensive. I took the local bus instead.





7PM
 Unfortunately the bus took forever and it was already dark when I got there. They wanted to charge me 500 NPR but it was so dark it wasn't worth it anymore. I was on my way out but couldn't leave without trying their king curd yogurt. They stopped checking ticketing at 8PM and I walked in for free. I took some pictures with the tripod and finished around 8:30PM. A young 14 year old boy started a conversation with me. He spoke both Chinese and English rather well. He likes playing soccer and I found all this while he talked me on the way to the bus stop. But the last bus had already left when I reached there. We walked to two more places, both 20 minutes away. 

I was tired by this point. Fortunately it was cool and breezy. The kid wanted me to buy him a 300 NPR book. I think it was appropriate if I did. We finally stopped because a man we asked suggested that we talk to the police at a checkpoint so I can be sent to Thamel for safety reasons. It worked. I tipped the kid 1 USD as he walked with me for 2 hours. I would've done fine without him but he certainly helped. I got back for free.

11PM I got home after a 30 minute drive and had dinner at a highly ranked place on Yelp.

No comments:

Post a Comment