Saturday, November 18, 2017

April 30th, 2017 Rome, Italy

4:30AM I left one hell for another. The station is open to outside and my clothes are still in storage. I slept with my backpack on the cold floor next it the locked metro entrance for 30 minutes when it opened it 5:30AM.









5:30AM I took the metro until the end of the blue line and fell asleep for 5 minutes on the metro. I was too tired and this was the warmest place right now. It was probably bright outside so I got out at Colosseo on the way back. I did the same route to see Pantheon, the Fontana din Trevi when there is very few people there.

8AM The tickets from the American girl yesterday didn't work because she had already used them. I took the first tour I saw available for 25 EUR. I was misled to think that the tour is continuous. They had a 2 hour break before the forum at 12:30PM. The Ukrainian girl told me she will get me a tour at 11AM. The guide we had was horrible. He is probably the worst guide possible. I saw other guides giving much better and more through explanation and they had the same microphone as we had for the Vatican. I came back at 11:30AM. The Ukrainian girl didn't know or what company who she called to give me the guide at 11AM. I went back to where I found her and was given to a Chinese group for 11:05, which didn't leave until 12PM.

12PM The forum was great and had much much to go through. The Chinese guide was much better and I had to leave at 1:05PM.






1:20PM I got my luggage no problem for 5 EUR and ran to platform 1, I ran there and forgot to stamp my ticket. I got there in the nick of time, with the train leaving within one minute at 1:28PM.

5PM We got to Ancona. I asked for directions from Nicola. We got some coffee from a coffee shop manned by Chinese. It happened so that he is going to San Marino as well. We talked about traveling. He told me there is the last buses there at 6:30PM

7PM Nicola forgot today is Sunday so there is no 6:50 PM today. He called his girlfriend, whose brother came to give us a ride.







10PM I gave him 5 EUR and we arrived at 9:30PM at Hostel San Marino. The owner is not friendly and charged for linen. I got a piadina and two sodas for 11.2 EUR. Water was lukewarm so I went to sleep without shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment