Saturday, November 11, 2017

April 14th, 2017 Lalibela, Ethiopia

2AM I forgot to check in. Fortunately they let me stand by. The flight was only 3 hours. I wish it were longer for sleep.

8AM I arrived at Addis Ababa again. I had to get a visa for 50 USD and then wait until 11AM to board. I got off the propeller plane at 12:30PM at the wrong airport. The plane made a 30 minute stop. Luckily I realized that the Chinese guy I spoke to was not there. I rushed back to the security and got back on the plane.

2PM I got in touch with the Airbnb host. We all got on the van going to the town with the Chinese family and a bunch of travelers put altogether in a van.

3PM I paid for the 50 USD entry fee with 20 in USD and 30 in EBT. The place is wonderful and you only see things imagined from National Geography. We went to about 8 out of the 11 churches here.




























6PM We took a tutut up the hill. I got the wrong address for the Airbnb host. We paid him 15 ETB because we thought we were going to walk for a while. Somehow, the Airbnb host there was there to meet us and walk us back to his home. The place had no shower so I told Eugene to take his other suggestion and let me use his shower when he gets a room from a real hotel. We had dinner together. The host had already eaten. I had an injera and a juice for 120 ETB. I gave Eugene another 1 USD after I took a shower at his room.

9PM I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment