Saturday, November 11, 2017

April 16th, 2017 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Lome, Togo

12PM I paid 390 ETB because I wanted to keep 50 for Tomaco coffee. I answered some emails for 1.5 hours and went to sleep at 1AM.

6AM I woke and went to Tomaco, it was closed. I took a taxi and overpaid with 50 ETB. It should have been 30 to 40 ETB. I exchanged the 50 ETB left for 2 USD at the London Cafe.

8AM I met Tanya, an accountant from Australia.  She told me about the trips near micronesia and Air Nauru.

11AM I arrived at Lome in 5 hours but there was a time difference. I exchanged 100 USD with a Chinese guy working there. It is better than the bank rate at 620 XOF per USD. I then took a motorbike to the Grand Market for 1000 XOF. Taxi was going to be 2500 XOF. The market was closed like the Chinese said but there were other street food open. I bought a piece of fried fish and a frommage for 100 XOF each. I also had a avocado (100 XOF), fish (50 XOF), sandwich for 250 XOF total. The juice was the highlight. I had two for 100 XOF each. I climbed up the church bell tower after all this. I didn't climb the highest ladder because I had my camera with me and my bag was downstairs. 





















2PM I walked toward the beach and saw some cycle competition they have here. I walked into the beach and took some pictures of the boys there. They were 16, 17 and 18. The 18 year old told me that there are thieves on the beach.

4PM I walked back to the market and met this man from Mali on the way. I liked what he was selling- camel skin desk mat. He wanted 160 USD though and we were too far apart.





6PM I walked toward the broken pier. Some people climbed up illegally but it looked too far away. I talked to a few locals. It turned out they were working for an NGO there. One was engaged to a German girl, who particularly didn't like the way I traveled. She paid for half of my horse ride, 100 XOF. I bought her a chocolate ice cream later. We made peace and her fiance invited me to Togo again.

7PM I got back to the airport. My flight left at 10:30PM and got there a little over an hour later.



No comments:

Post a Comment