Monday, November 13, 2017

April 23rd, 2017 Fes, Morocco and Chefchaoeun, Morocco

6AM I woke up at 6AM and the bus wasn't moving. They told me it was another 2 hours to Fes. I woke up a little later. It's always cold in the morning. I was redirected to a taxi to old town. I looked for Medersa el-Attarine and had a delicious yogurt on the way. It reminded me of the one I had in Nepal.





10AM I paid 10 MAD for tip for seeing the tannery. It was the thing to see here but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I went to Medersa Bou Inania, which was bigger and very similar to Medersa el-Attarine. I then started walking out and took a taxi to the bus station, which was less than 1 kilometer away. I paid his 13 MAD instead of the 15 we agreed on since it was so close. The bus was not at 11PM but at 12PM. I went back to Fes to have a couscous. Tajine is better.






12:15PM Our bus left for Chefchaoeun.








4:30PM We arrived at Chefchaoeun. The next and last bus leaves at 6:30PM. The one in the morning leaves at 6:45AM. The ticket salesman said it is definitely possible to do it within 2 Hours so I took the challenge. I paid 10 MAD for bag storage and took off. It was great, one of the top 20 photography opportunities most definitely. I got back at 6:15PM and the bus left left on time. The Moroccans are great and probably the nicest host on average as far as I can remember.


















9PM I arrived at Tangier, which is not nearly as nice as Fes or Marrakech. I asked about the ferry first. There was one at 10PM by FRS and the earliest next day is at 9AM by the other company. I opted to stay because I had cash left and I figured it was only a couple of hours that I would lose. After checking into Medina Hostel at 9:45PM, I went straight for the Le du Poisson. There was a set menu and I think it's worth it eating at where Anthony Bourdain ate. The grilled sole and the homemade juice were the best things there.











No comments:

Post a Comment