Saturday, November 18, 2017

April 26th, 2017 Barcelona, Spain

1AM We arrived at Barcelona and I slept at the couch benches at the Ribs Restaurant. I was woken up by 4:30AM and waited for the lounge to open at 6AM. I stayed there for 2 hours and borrowed a car from Avis and cancelled Budget's reservation. They were in the same office.





9:15 AM The Sagrada Familia had to be booked prior. I booked one online after getting there and being told that I had to wait until 7PM. I started driving to Andorra.


12:30PM The drive was long and through a couple of tolls. I did take a couple of small breaks and arrived around 1PM. I went to Salvador Dali's statue first and then got 500 EUR out of the ATM. I asked the banker because I didn't see any fees and she said there was a 3% fee. I got another 20 EUR out and checked my Wells Fargo online and there was no fee. I drove to La Casa de la Vall recommended by Tripadvisor. It was a complete waste and I drove back. I had to take an hour nap.


6:30PM I reached Barcelona but didn't have time for Casa Batllo so I just drove by and went directly to Basilica Salgrada Familia. It was decent but not that impressive. It rained today so I didn't even get to go to the facade.



9PM I got to Tickets, a one Michelin star on Bourdain's list, only to be told that they needed a two month wait with reservation. I pleaded with the director, who told me to wait until 10:30PM.










10:00PM I got a couple of cold tapas from Quimet & Quimet. I was not impressed and went back to Ticket. The girl have me dirty looks and I asked to talked to the manager's. A bad Help review is on its way.






No comments:

Post a Comment