Saturday, November 11, 2017

April 15th, 2017 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

6:30AM I woke and ask the host to take me to the dark tunnel. I bought him a mango juice later and we went on another van to the airport.







11AM We arrived at Axum after a 40 minute flight. I asked to go to the twin tower by gestures and I was directed to Adwa, which turned out to be totally wrong. The driver was awful and wanted to charge me 40 USD. He thought he would get me scared by saying the police station, which I welcomed. The police wouldn't come for 30 minutes so he took my 80 ETB and left angrily. 


1:30PM I bought a student ticket for 25 ETB and tour the tombs, the museum and the stone towers.

2:30PM I took the tuttut's offer for 200 ETB, which includes visiting the remaining true historical sites and returning to the airport.

4PM I arrived back and our plane left at 4:20PM. We arrived at 5:45PM. I hitched a ride from a Greek couple and then a girl paid for the minivan we shared to go to Tomoca coffee. Though I arrived at 6:50PM, they wouldn't sell me any and said they were closed at 7, which made no sense. I went to Kaldis coffee, which is not as good supposedly. It was a chain just like Tomoca.





9PM I couldn't find any cheap guesthouses. I finally found ME guesthouse for 400 ETB. The electrician there tried to help me find to a place cheaper or a black market where I could exchange 1 USD for 28 ETB. We looked for 2 hours and the places were either 300 ETB without air conditioning or 400 with. I decided to exchange 10 USD at the end for 265 and gave him 15 ETB. He wasn't happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment