Tuesday, September 11, 2012

August 8th, 2012 San Pedro de Atacama

7:20AM  They only took cash.  I gave them 2,450 CLPs for the ticket to San Pedro.  I have 500 CLPs left and better find change fast.  The bus left at 8AM.

10AM  I arrived at San Pedro de Atacama.   I missed the Salar de Tara excursion at 5AM.  My attempt to exchange money failed with some French girls.  It felt like I was short of money and instead was forced to look for deals.  The desert got hot and dry fast.  All I had was a little over 2,000 CLPs.  The German boys who represented a small opportunity to exchange gave me a hard time.

4PM  I finally bargained down to 125 USDs for the Salar de Dyuni.  He informed that I also needed 180 BOBs.  I couldn't believe that type of exchange rates here.  They were giving 5.6 BOBs when it should be 7.


8PM  I met the 29 year old 
German Julia here and she wanted to cook and stay in.  She said she has found love here and wants to stay in this little desert town.  Suddenly, I remembered some desert stories where crimes happen and everyone knew each other.  I could see how one could be drawn and sucked in here, so she claims.  I then went to the neighboring Bolivian travel agency  who promised 180 BOBs for 30 USDs.

11PM  I went to sleep.  At Intipara, my dorm is just me.  This city is so closed that it is becoming more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment