Tuesday, September 11, 2012

August 2nd, 2012 Buenos Aires

10AM  I left Nacho's home at around 10AM.  The city of Buenos Aires is large but very doable in one day.  After trying over 10 money exchangers, the best rate I found was 6.1 peso per dollar.  I changed 200 USD.  I walked around downtown for a few hours.  The ice cream on the Florida Street was excellent.  I took the city tour bus, which abandoned me midway through.  However, I don't think I missed that much because it was near the end.  I tried to find the bar in the film Inception.  At first, I thought it was El Federal but that was not it.

Buenos Aires



Des Nivels

5PM  I had dinner at this small restaurant called Des Nivels.  I met a couple of travellers from England and Italy staying at Milhouse.  They recommended me to come back to Milhouse for a party later in the night.  I considered.  I then met a 26 year old Turkish kid here for a sociology conference.  I shared some of my beef with him, which was a large portion but too rare at parts.  I was a little disappointed at the food.   But we went on to find Tortoni, another candidate for being the bar in Inception and I failed again.  We walked to the river, which turned out to be very close to Retiro, the train station.  We walked back to the very nice hostel Milhouse.  I met a few people there.  I was first just wanting to know if I needed to pay $160 to get into Chile by land.  No one seemed to know.  The English were adamant about me buying some jumpers.  Apparently they froze at San Pedro.  I wasn't able to get into the party, as it turned out, because I didn't live in the Milhouse.  I met an American born Brazilian, Martin Vas, and we waited until 2AM to go to Club 69.  The 60 ARSs spent to get in was disappointing though.  In contrary to what people told me about how the parties ended at 8AM, most people were gone by 5.



Bs As Skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment