Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 25th, 2012 To Cuenca and Back


3AM  I arrived and slept around then.  I will decide whether I will go to Cuenca or Montecristi in the morning.

7AM  I woke first and in his boxers, Jorge sent me to not one but two bus stations, which took an hour of driving.  I insisted on going and there was a bus to Cuenca at 8.


2PM  I had thought we would be there by 4 but it looks like I am not going to be there until 6:30.  I had an ice cream on board again with a soda at the rest area where most people had lunch.


6:30PM  Jorge informed me in the afternoon that all shops would be closed at 4 or whenever I arrive.  He had talked to an owner Tania Valdez, who said she would wait for me.  I hitched a bus and walked about 10 small blocks to get to it.


7PM  She was a hard bargain.  The ones on the first floor were not even 300 stitches per square inch.  She took me upstairs and we agreed on a 300 USD for one good one (marked at 250 USDs) and five lower quality ones at 15 USDs each, until I had found that those that were 15 were in awful colors.  I demanded other ones and she showed me some with small damages for 10 USD.  I think.she got really tired of me and my visa.  We finally agreed on 300 for the one for me and 7 lower end ones.  I think she gave me an extra one.  I will check back later.


9PM  I had dinner, which is traditional Cuenca pork and potato and cheese soup, a cantaloupe fruit juice for 12.1 USDs.  The exact names are locro de papas, plato tipico, and jugo de frutas.





10:30PM  I took a cab for 2 USDs and bought a 8 USDs ticket for 23:15 for Quito.

No comments:

Post a Comment