Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 20th, 2012 Cali

6AM  I waited for a local minibus to the border for nearly an hour.  I found that there is no station here on the Ecuadorian side.  The ticket was 0.75 USD and I got to the border some time before 8 and took another minibus (0.75 USD) to the terminal.  The ticket to Cali is 35,000 COPs but I paid 38,000 in order to use my visa.  The bus left at 9AM and will get there at 9PM.  If that is true and since I left Trujillo at 7, it will be my longest bus ride- 50 hours with may be a 5 hour break total.

2PM  A nice lady offered me soup and coke and I gave her 1,000 pesos and 1 PEN as they are the only cash I had left.


9PM  I got to Cali as expected.  The bus station was far from the center.  A nice girl from the same bus tried to help but no taxi was going to take me there with just the dollar I had left.  A family helped me to a Chinese restaurant.  I was forced to stay because the owner convinced them that the center was dangerous.  She gave me 10,000 COPs.  Downtown was empty like she said and we ended up finding something recommended by a hotel manager for 30,000 COPs.  She messed up by charging me for 12 instead of 8 hours.  I got 10,000 COPs back.  I should have looked up hostels.

No comments:

Post a Comment