Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 16th, 2012 Arequipa


7:15AM  I think I got away with one.  I slept deeply for a long time.  It has been so warm I was dreaming instead of waking up from the cold.














7:30AM  I chose Fernando's home because the driver said it was closer.  I took his taxi for 8 PENs.  He wanted 10 but it said on the board 8 PENs for Cayma Square.  Later I found it was further compared to David's home.  I almost didn't find Fernando's because the numbers got bigger and smaller again.  I took a shower at his home and left for the city.


8AM The town is quite pleasant.  I took the taxi for 2 PENs to A Carmen Alto.  I had a fill up Sprite for just 0.5 PENs.  I noticed a lot of restaurants that had adobo or rocoto relleno at Yanahuara.  Soon I realized my camera is showing spots on pictures.  In addition, I think my charger is done.  I had 2 ice cream scoops for 5 PENs at Ice Palace.  Later, I had a cake that wasn't too good for 4 PENs.  The camera battery was being charged at a camera service shop until it was full so we can look at the sensor.


5PM  I returned to Fernando's but found that they closed the restaurants in the afternoon.  I took a cab (2 PENs) to Sol de Mayo.  The stuffed pepper was decent for 18 PENs.


7PM  I retrieved my battery from the old camera service man and left him a card.  I took a cab (5 PENs) to the bus station and bought a ticket that left at 7:30PM for 40 PENs.


I was fortunate to be in this moment of the 472th founding anniversary of the city.  The name Arequipa derives from a quechua phrase, “Arequipai” which means, “Yes, stay here”.  I snapped this shot of a dancer.  Undoubtedly, their welcoming smile will convince another traveler to pay visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment