Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 17th, 2012 Ica, Lima


7AM  I arrived at Ica and took a cab to Huacachina for 6 PENs.  I then walked up and around the oasis.  The sight was not as pretty as imagined.  I had two sodas for 1.5 PENs each before doing the 2 hour boggie car and sand boarding for 35 PENs.











12PM  I took a 5 PENs cab back to Ica for the bus to Lima (23 PENs).

Mixed Seafood at Lima
 
6PM  I finally got here to Lima.  A nice woman sitting across from me let me use her phone three times to call the couchsurfing hosts.  One was too far and the other one said he won't be back from work until midnight.  I took a cab for 5 PENs to the bus station and bought the ticket to Trujillo (40 PENs).  The mixed seafood I had was just passing.

Sometimes I wonder if Carla has already forgotten about me.  I mean, she probably would still recognize me by face and name.  But they probably wouldn't come up unless someone mentions it.  I wonder if she actually considered it for just a second.  Isn't it a leap of faith anyway?  She is probably in Cusco now, preparing her way up the 4 day Inca trail.  Either way our steps will cross again on Machu Picchu.  It has been a week but seems so much longer.  I am almost out of Peru and she just beginning her trail.  O if I had just caught her fall, that would have been something.  That was great, though.  That was.

No comments:

Post a Comment