Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 12th, 2012 La Paz and Coroico



6:30AM  I arrived at La Paz.  It was cold during the night.  I am so glad I'm finally really close to Peru.  I called both Liz and Anja.  Anja answered and paid for my cab there.  I then went to the death road.  I found from the first agency that it was too late for the 50 USDs bike excursion.  I went through all options with the helpful woman at the agency.  We found minibuses that took a little over three hours to get there.  It was only a couple of dollars to get there in comparision.  I didn't find the town that exciting.  I realized at the market I didn't have enough money to return.  A boy in his early twenties just asked his father to gift me 20 BOBs, which allowed me to return.


5PM  I got back to San Francisco Church and toured the nearby witch market.  The only thing that was particularly strange was the stuffed fetal yammas.  I met a German girl Sabina and we watched an outdoor show.  There went my last BOB.  I performed my magic trick and she bought me a shake.



Coroico 

 



7PM  I went to meet Liz to have dinner.  She bought her family but I went to sort out the bus ticket to Puno.  The visa machine didn't work and he was almost going to take my 100 ARSs but did not.  I believe Liz got mad because I had to make her wait for almost 30 minutes.  She left me to eat on my own.  I went back to the travel agency and complained to the manager.  She gave me the ticket so I could purchase it tomorrow for 95 BOB.  She also answered my plea to exchange 20 UYU for 10 BOB even though she lost a little bit.

Witches' Market

9:30PM  I met the German woman, who had a burger.first.  We then had a drink.  She paid, of course, because I only had the 10 BOB for souvenir.  We argued a lot about our views about travel and love.  She thought the way I asked for directions is rude.  Frankly, I was sick of listening to her because opinion is trite.  I walked back to Anja's.  It took about an hour because I had to ask for directions multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment