Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 24th, 2012 Ipiales to Quito

9AM  I arrived at Ipiales and took a shared taxi to  Las Lajas Cathedral  (2,000 COPs) and back.  I then spent 1,500 COPs to the border and 1,500 to the bus terminal at Tulcan.
 
12PM  I met Chris from Frankfurt, who went on the bus with me to Quito for 4 USD.  He also changed 20 EURs for 20 USDs just because that is all he could get from the exchange people.


6PM  I had a couple of coconut ice creams on the bus.  Hopefully my stomach holds up.  What was supposed to take 4 hours to Quito took 6 hours.  Chris offered to pay for the taxi (2 USDs) to the center.  We settled on his hostel first, which was very expensive at 30 USDs per night.  I used the phone to call Jorge, who said he would meet me at Hasta la Vuelta, Senor.


8PM  I had humita, corvina en salsa de camaron and rosero for 53.24 USDs. I paid by visa for both of us and received 26.90 USDs from Chris.



11PM  Jorge and his friends came to show me the old town as well as La Ronda.  We had some delicious meat platters and I used my visa to get 32 USDs back in cash.  I had a coke and a blackberry smoothie for a little over 4 USDs.  We then went to have this warm alcoholic drink mixed with fruit juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment