Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 19th, 2012 Tumbes, Guayaquil and Tulcan

6AM  I arrived at Tumbes and a taxi took me to Cifa bus company for 2 PENs.  I paid the ticket to Guayaquil in 22 PENs instead of 8 USDs that they asked because I just had to use them.  They said the cost to get into Colombia is 10 USDs.  I have 23.5 PENs on me.  We'll see how this goes.
So the nice lady and her daughter changed 9 USDs with me for the 23.5 PENs.  I left for Guayaquil at 


8AM  The bus got there at around 2.  I bought a coconut juice and ice cream sorbet for 1 USD.  That turned out to be a mistake.  I did not eat anything the whole day.

2PM  The bus for Tulcan (14 USDs) left.  My stomach was sick. I had to stop the bus and use the back wall of a locked restroom in the gas station.  I was okay after I got to the Santa Domingo stop.  I just had two cokes.  While there was a KFC there, I did not want to risk upsetting my stomach again.  Most people left around Quito and the bus became really cold around midnight and after.  I didn't expect this type of weather so close to the equator.  Even with the down jacket it was still cold.  I tried to fall asleep a few times.  The cold woke me each time.  We finally got to Tulcan at 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment