Wednesday, September 12, 2012

August 22nd, 2012 Bogota



2AM  Our bus was more or less 4 hours late to Bogota.  Andrea received me and paid 10,000 COPs for the cab.  I am guessing it was going to around 20,000 COPs total because Natalie and I shared the cab.





8AM  Andrea's parents cooked some eggs for me for breakfast.  I got to the Cerro de Monserrate and paid for 7 tickets, just a one way for myself (7,700 COPs), receiving 46,200 in cash.  The view for Bogota was decent, expansive.  I had lunch with a couple from Venezuela and a lady from Colombia.  We shared lunch (10,000 COPs), which was cow tripe, some sausage and corn.




1PM  I walked my way down and met some incoming GSB students.  We walked to the  La Candelariaa historic neighborhood.  I had a coke for 1,300 COPs and a luna mousse cake for 2,500  COPs .  At 3, I spent 200 COPs to call Andrea to meet me.




 
4PM  I rendezvous with Andrea and walked to the main square.  We went on walking around the city and took a bus for about an hour.  I had to use the bathroom just before getting there for 500 COPs.  We walked around the park at 93rd Street.


8PM  We went to Andres Carne de Restaurant, a 4 floor restaurant.  The food was expensive (83,854 COPs) and just alright.




9PM  Andrea paid for the cab back.  The system for Continental Bus was down and it did not seem I could pay for the ticket to Ipales at 84,000 COPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment