Sunday, July 18, 2010

May 30th, 2010 Ljuljana, Slovenia, Villach, Austria and Venice, Italy


7AM I arrived at Ljubljana at 7AM and I went up the streets and all the way up the way up the tower.  I was finished around 9:30AM.

 Ljubljana, Slovenia
10AM I had a burek for 2 EURs, which was not great.



Villach, Austria
11AM I left for Villach, which took 2 transfers.  The train from Slovenia is much nicer but I only took it for 20 minutes or 1 stop.  This was the city where I would take another bus to Venice.  This is by far, the worst city I have visited in Europe.  Everything was clean as speck but there was nothing open on Sunday.  A coke costs 2.5 EURs.  Everything is so expensive that I wonder why would anyone live here.  The town is right by the station and it was tiny so I consider my 15 minute excursion a qualified visit to Villach.  I cannot wait until I get somewhere else.  The bus to Venice is 2 hours later at 3PM.
 Man in Venice
2PM I had ice cream 3 times in Venice.  They were good and not as expensive as I expected.
 Venice, Italy
10PM I left on a train without a reservation.  The attendant wanted 7 EURs but I told her Global Pass should exempt from that.  I suppose that was a mistake since I had to sleep on the floor and it was freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment