Saturday, July 17, 2010

May 25th, 2010 Macedonia to Kosovo


4AM I got to the bus station and did not know that Macedonia is in a different time zone. I waited there for an hour before the bus left.

8AM I got to the bus station and then walked to downtown for last minute ice cream before leaving for Kosovo. I am writing most of the blog from May 22nd to now here at Anja. I am having 4 scoops of ice cream for 100 MKDs or 2 dollars. What a steal!

10AM I changed 10 dollars for 490 MKDs. I should get the Stanford card next time so that I would no longer need to worry about this 4 times in a month thing from Wells Fargo. This rate was bad. It was the best rate that I could find and it made me late for the 10:10AM bus to Kosovo. I waited another hour at the bus station and had a pleskvica, which is just the hamburger without the meat (40 MKDs) and a can of coke (35 MKDs). I only had 70 left and the girl was nice enough to let me go with just that.

11AM We left for Pristine and I met a Swiss guy Boris who has travelled much more. He told me to travel to Cakor.

2PM We arrived at Pristine. Boris gave me a lift on the cab to the center of Pristine. It was a busy part of town with many pedestrians, service workers of the UN and EU and ex-militants. They actually would not let me take pictures of the EU entrance. I had a coke for 0.6 EURs and another 2 scoops of ice cream in their mall for 0.7 EURs.

American School of Kosova

Statue in front of the UN

3PM I walked up to the Mother Teresa street and then to the Clinton Statue. Everyone here reveres him. Fifteen minutes later, I got back to the bus station and I waited at the bus station and chatted with a couple of solter workers. I then had the urge to go to Bill Clinton Avenue. Apparently it was just the biggest street here which I had already walked through. There was much construction going on here.

Kids in Kosovo


You see the Bill Clinton posters behind them.

The Golden Bill Clinton Statue

Bill Clinton Avenue

5:45PM The bus left for Bar, Montenegro.

No comments:

Post a Comment