Sunday, July 18, 2010

June 1st, 2010 Vienna, Austria

7AM I left Andi’s home for Vienna and barely made it to the train station by 7:27PM by 4 minutes, when the train left for Vienna. This time, they did not ask me for a reservation and the global pass alone was sufficient. I loved the Austrian train, large legroom, automatic doors, power for laptops, air conditioning, service and going at 120 km/h.

 Cathedral at Vienna


Center of Vienna

12PM I arrived at Tina’s place near the subway station.


1PM I arrived at Stephansdom Cathedral. Following that, I walked Graben and Kohlmarkt streets.
Square out of MUMOK

Cafe Central

3PM Vienna is a city of just over a million. It reminds me a lot of Washington DC. It offers many museums. I went to Museum of Modern Arts (MUMOK instead of MOMA). I finished around 3 and got a seat at Cafe Central, a famous cafe in Vienna, for the next 2 hours. I had mango moussse and white coffee and a hefty 8 EURs.

6PM I had this fried beef, which I found to be a little disappointing because my aunt makes it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment