Monday, July 19, 2010

June 10th, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic

7AM I arrived at Prague and went straight to the old town. Before that though, I changed about 30 EURs. First, the girl gave me 3 EURs and 700 CZKs for 30 EURs. I gave 1 EUR back to the girl. However, later I realized the exchange rate was 25.7 rather than 25, so I lost about 1 EUR.

 David in front of the Church

8AM I had a cake for 27 CZKs before heading to David’s dorm.

View from the Cathedral Tower

Wedding Photos in front of the Cathedral


10AM I arrived at David’s place. He is a really nice guy and insisted on buying a sandwich for breakfast. Afterward, we went to meet Alexander, another Italian couchsufer, at 11AM. We then got to the Dancing Building before splitting before Charle’s Bridge. I then went on a hike to the observatory at the top of the hill.
1PM That was another workout, hopefully the last of my trip in Europe. The walk was 300 steps up the tower once I reached it (50 CZKs). Before that though, I spent the 50 CZKs on the mirror’s maze, which was the worst I have ever seen, considering it had one path and is not even a maze that I spent more than one minute on.
 Dancing Building

4PM I got to St. Vitas Cathedral, which is the largest I have seen in Europe. I then went to the fabulous Garden of Paradise and the Wallenstein Garden before getting back to David’s place.

View from the Tower

Charles Bridge




 View from the Paradise Garden
Garden of Paradise




10PM I did not like the food in the basement bar at his dorm so we went out to the center. Dinner was decent.

 Best View of the Giant St. Vitas Church

  Wallenstein Garden

Charles Bridge
Dinner at the Square

6PM I arrived back at his apartment about 10 minutes after 6. He had to tutor at 7PM so I sat at the tutee’s home for an hour. We then met his friend before heading back to his dorm, since David’s roommate is still there.

11PM We went out to have a beer with Trung’s friend. We bought several beers and just walked along the shores of the river.

12PM I went to sleep. But I woke up from time to time and until the Lakers lost game 4 to the Celtics.

No comments:

Post a Comment