Sunday, July 18, 2010

June 2nd, 2010 Budapest, Hungary



11PM I arrived at Budapest.  I had an ice cream first and then walked around the main road, which is Andrassy.  I had Hungarian soup with or lunch.  It was not great and then I walked up Andrassy all the way up to the water park, which is partly dry.  Half of this city is broken or closed, or in the process of being fixed.  Afterward, I purchased the 24 day tram/metro/bus ticket for 1550 HUFs and got back to the opera house and the cathedral.
 Cathedral at Budapest

 

6PM I arrived at the palace, which was closed but had this amazing view of the pest side of the city.  If you travel here, you should definitely buy the 1 day or 2 day ticket so that you do not have to walk up to the hill.

 Street View

 This photo needs to be edited but you can see the rainbow.
Pest.Buda


8PM I arrived at Arpad’s home, which is about 15 minutes away from the center by train.  I complained about the lunch and he took me to this nice Hungarian restaurant.  My dish had fried mashed potatoes and veal.  It was actually pretty good.

10PM Arpad and I walked the shore to see the Parliament building at night.  He is a very open-minded person and asked me a lot about Western vs. Eastern cultures.  We finished around 11PM and then I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment