Saturday, July 17, 2010

May 24th, 2010 Ohrid, Macedonia

My Best Portrait Ever

5AM I woke up but it was too early to go and call Joro to help me ask about the interrail passes. I browsed the internet here. At 6:30AM, I took a cab to get to downtown. A biker told me it is only 2 BGNs and the cab driver wanted to charge me 10. I gave him 4 and left. I later confirmed 2-4 is the right cost for it. We spent some time asking about the details about using the interrail. But I did not have enough BGNs left on me to purchase it.

7AM The bus for Skopia left and we went to exchange 100 EURs for 194 BGNs. Joro treated me to coffee.

9AM we got back and purchased the Interrail Pass from the 28th until the 12th for 543.68 BGNs.

9:30AM I left Sofia and talked to a Macedon girl studying at Sofia. Her name is Julijana and she also recommended me to go to Ohrid, She did not want to go though.

2PM I arrived at Scopia and Julijana treated me to coffee. I noticed she had a limp. She then helped to ask for ticket pricing and whether I could change the dates my Interrail Tickets were valid, which I considered but could not be done except for medical reasons.

3:30PM I left for Ohrid and met 2 Macedonians that simply dislike America, which reminded me that these two and Julijana believed that America bombed herself in WWII and 911. They were friendly to me though.

Portraits of my Macedonian Friends

6:30PM I arrived and was picked up at the bus station by a 55 year old lady who wanted 10 EURs for her room. I bargained and got it down to 5 USDs and 1 EURs total, which is 6.2 USDs. It is a great deal in Europe.

8:30PM I spent an hour walking around the old town and found the most famous church here. Today is their national holiday for the invention of the Slavic alphabet. I ate at Dalga, which resided across from St. Sofia’s church. I had an Ohrid trout on rice, salad, a glass of wine, and some kind of chocolate bread desert for 699 MKDs, which is really expensive here (about 14 dollars). I was noticed by everyone here and people wanted to take pictures with me. I guess no Asians ever come here.

Asian Celebrity


Contact Information for the Guest House:

Soi Rooms Zimmer

Katica and Goce Bulovski

Street Pitu Guli 388 Ohrid, Tel +389 46254667, Mobi +389 71389584, Mobi +389 71389524

Email: katicabulovska@yahoo.com

10PM I went to look for some kind of national party but people told me party is over since they have got work the day after.

1 comment:

  1. ni xiao de na me jiang yin gan ma ..hahhahahah

    ReplyDelete