Tuesday, July 20, 2010

June 13th, 2010 Berlin: Last Day in Europe



2AM I wonderred into a techno club in the market ruins (6 EURs).  I actually did not enjoy it immensely because how the people dance and interact.  I was even punched in the mouth by a drunkard.
4AM I got a kebab and coke 0.33L for 4 EURs.  I then walked 3 kms to home.
 Vanilla Coke and Curry Wurst
10AM I left for the city center and arrived at Friedrich Strauss, which is just next to the Permagon Museum.  I tried the famous curry sausage, which is worse than the one I had yesterday.    The Permagon is one of the most impressive museums I have seen.  I would almost take the phrase “one of the” out since nothing I have seen matches the indoor scale of the babylonian wall and the Greek altar in this museum.

2PM I tried the most expensive cake in Europe for 4 EURs.  It was too thick.  I then had another ice cream on the way to Branderburg Tor.

3:30PM I started waiting in line for the Reichstag Building.  The admission was free to the roof terrace of this Parlimentary Building.  However, the wait was long, almost 1 hour.  Afterward, I went back to the Jewish Memorial and spent 15 minutes there before heading to Potsdamer Platz.

5PM At Potsdamer Platz, there are many restaurants, along with theatres and a large Sony Style Store, which are all contained within the Sony Center.

6PM I got back to Mara’s place.  She spilled on my headphones but it was a piece of junk anyway.  We chatted for about 1 hour before she left for the soccer match between Germany and Australia.  I then took off to the memorial for the Soviet Soldiers and the Men in the River Statues.
 East Germany Memorial for Soviet Soldiers

10PM I finished and proceeded to the way back.  Mara was not there.  I bought a coffee-flavored coke (1.2 EUR) and two Fruit candies (0.9 EUR each).  I was smart to have gotten back into my hostel and waited on the sofa for Mara’s return.
Berlin's Sunset
 11PM I was able to get the key back for the hostel in case Mara does not return.  But she did and treated me to a glass of whiskey.  I also found out that she is a doctor working in England.  I thought that was interesting as she treats her home like a vacation home away from the work place in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment