Sunday, July 18, 2010

June 4th, 2010 Beograde to Novi Sad and Back


 Novisad Landscape

9AM I went to sleep at around 4AM after coming back at 3 and watching some of the Lakers-Celtics game.  I woke up at 9 and Djordje took me to the train station to go to Novi Sad.
11:30AM I arrived at Novi Sad.
 Novi Sad Man


Novi Sad Girls

OMG! This is so good!
1PM This place really reminds me of Plovdiv.  It is also the second largest city, just little over an hour away from the capital.   At the same time, it has the same relaxed ambience as does Plovdiv.  It does not have the Roman ruins but instead has just a fortress and  so its slightly weaker.
2PM I walked the center and back just for lunch and found a few places.  Desiring both the chicken and the pork dishes, I asked the restaurants whether they could combine them.  They all refused until a couple of guys drinking asked for me.  They are Serbianwho worked in the insurance industry and they have been to many countries.  One of their favorite destination is Thailand.  To me, they drink too much: a couple of bottles of wine on a Saturaday afternoon.  They offered me a drink but I refused.  Afterward, I was going to pay but they said they put it on their bill already.

 Wow!  I cannot say enough about the Pelici!

Fast food is so good here I had another one!
7PM After touring downtown and the fortress, I took a train back to Belgrade.  It did not get to Belgrade until 9 and I did not get to Goran’s place until 11PM.  He lives in New Belgrade.  He missed his party as he waited for me.  He took me to a couchsurfing party.  This guy’s flat is tricked out, with smoke-making machines and modelling lights in the room.  He plays lots of old American music, jazz and has a whole shelf of CDs.  After 2AM, I got out and checked out the river raft parties.  We spent 1 hour waiting for the 4AM bus and got home after an hour of bus and tram and walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment