Monday, July 19, 2010

June 8th, 2010 Bratislava, Slovakia

6AM We arrived at some middle city before the girl and her boyfriend told me that the train is staying for another hour and that I should take another train to Budapest, where I would get transfered to a train to Bratislava.

9:45AM I arrived at Budapeset, 20 minutes late for the 9:28AM train to Bratislava. I ate my food bought yesterday, with a coke by the courtesy by the couple on the train. I used 10 HUFs and 300 HUFs I exchanged using 1 EURs toward chocolate and Pepsi.

11AM I found a restroom at the basement of a bar 50 meters away from the station, used it and their internet before heading back to the train station.

4PM I arrived at Bratislava. It took me about 1 hour to walk from the train station, past President’s Residence and finally to the city center. It was larger than Gabby said it was. I also found her castle and walked up to see the city. The scenery was not nearly as nice as that of Brasov due to some tree obstruction and the general apartment landscape.

 Street at Bratislava, Slovokia

6PM I found a place called Slovak Pub recommended by locals. If Macedonian has the worst food in Eastern Europe, Slovakia has the second worst. The potato dish just tasted like salt and nothing else.

 Worst Dish in Europe

7PM I went to the ice cream shop and complained about their recommendation before going back to the old town and buying a rasberry milkshake for 2.29 EURs and a 0.5L coke for 1.9 EURs. I called Dr. Slingerland’s lab to tell Sandra that I could not make it to the appointment. Of couse I did not tell her that my train was at 11PM, which is only half an hour after 4PM EST. I suppose that is good since it gives me more time to prepare.

8:30PM I left the ice cream shop as they were closing. At 10:10PM, I arrived at the train station via bus. I met a nice Slovakian girl who was very fascinated by California.


 10:50PM My train left for Warsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment