Monday, July 19, 2010

June 11th, 2010 Prague, Czech Republic


12AM I left his home to first find the old city wall of Prague.
 Fixing the Wall
3PM I first looked for Nove Mesto but then discovered that I already visited it by going to the area next to the Charles Bridge and the Dancing Building.  Thus I proceeded back to the Lucerny at the Stale Mesto.

4PM I lhad cake and frappe at the Lucerny again.   The frappe was not cold and solid enough but the cake was still decent.  The fried cheese was awful.  I then had pickled sausage, which is supposed to be traditional Czech food.  At 7PM, I wanted to go back to the tower to take photos of people taking pictures of the tower from down below.  But they did not let me up without buying another ticket.

9PM I got back to Trung’s place.  He was interested in how I was learning to pick my own lock and I showed him.  I paid him 40 CZKs for half of his pizza and water.  I did not have any more money so I changed 8.01 EURs for 205 CZKs (the rate was 25.76 CZKs/EURs).  I then left to go out while promising to come back around 1AM.
Cake at Lucerny
11PM When I got out at the Muzeum station, which is center of Prague, I was stopped by ticket inspection.  I did not have a ticket and they wanted 700 CZKs for penalty.  I only had 200 .  They were fine with that before seeing the EURs in my wallet.  They wanted me and I refused.  They asked me to empty my pockets and show them my passport, which I did not carry with me.  I believe they thought that I spoke Czech and had money.  Five policemen came in to coerce me to give  50 EURs.  I simply refused.  They took me into a car and drove me out from the city.  While they claimed that I had to be in custody for 48 hours, I thought they were bluffing.  Well, I was somewhat right.  They asked me where I was from, etc.  I tried to keep my mouth shut as much as possible.  After around 30 minutes of driving, they stopped near a building that was in the middle of nowhere, close to the airport.  They  claimed that the car is broken and needs water.  They made me walk out the car to the building.  Then all of sudden, they all walked back quickly to the car and drove away.  I was left alone and there was almost no light.  I tried to remember how we came but was unsuccessful at findin g  the right path for 1 hour.  Finally, I found an Iraqi taxidriver to help me to the main road, which I was told was 8 kms away from the city.  He drove me until I was 2 kms away and then dropped me off.  I walked a couple of miles to the Charles Bridge and found a couple of guys drinking whiskey and coke, which they shared with me.  I found one of them to be a policeman and told him what happened to me.  He was only 21 years old.  I then left them to head to the Maison’s Bar.  I could not find it and went into 3 clubs in the process.  They were not as packed and active as the Serbian ones but they were unique in that they were all 3 to 4 floors underground.  One of them had a piece of glass floor that allowed you to see 4 floors below.

No comments:

Post a Comment