Sunday, July 18, 2010

May 29th, 2010 Zagreb, Croatia


7AM I arrived at Zagreb and walked to the city center, which is only 15 minutes away. I finally found the Golfe Cafe but after a coke, the whole city block ran out of power. The city is small and I finished around 9 before going to Stjepan’s home. I stayed there until 12PM and got a ride to the center.


3PM We had lunch at Maksimir, which is a restaurant in the Maksimir Park. The lunch was grilled veal. It was alright. We ate for a long time.and got back at 6PM. I also got to try a hybrid bike that uses electricity to maintain speeds around 30-40 km per hour.  I left Stjepan’s home because it just did not make sense to go out and come back and then go to the train station for Ljubljana at 5AM.

Zagreb Girl

Wedding at Maksimir Park

 Church at Zagreb

8PM I met this Malaysian girl Selena who has been travelling. I did not exactly like this girl. She was much of a tool who has been counting continents she has been to. In addition, she insisted on partying in the rain with a bunch of high school students. I had the best ice cream after that awful Bosnian ice cream for 14 HRKs. I caught Melanie from yesterday, who has been hanging out with some guys from Zagreb. I left her to join a local group that visited a so-called “underground” party, which is pretty fun. A guy from the group bought me a local beer.

12AM The parties to Baratoga and the Sky Bar but they were pretty lame. I left around 4 for the bus station. I also complained about the double charge for the locker that Selena and I shared. For that, I was able to convert the 70 HRKs back into Euros at the information desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment