Sunday, July 18, 2010

June 3rd, 2010 Budapest to Beograde, Serbia

7:30AM I woke up and browsed the internet. Arpad’s connection was fast. I also called Patrick to get my money on paypal back. I used 80 USDs for $103.57 on Southwest. At around 9:15AM, I left Arpad’s home.

10AM I traded my ticket for 400 HUFs from Zita, a girl I met at the ticket office in line.

6PM After 8 hours of train ride, I am finally at Beograde. The current exchange rate is around 103.168 RSDs for every EUR. I asked this guy withdrawing from the ATM to withdrawl 50 EURs’ worth of RSDs for me. He did and gave me 5200 RSDs for 50 EURs. I gave 50 HUFs back since I had no use for it. I then thought perhaps 50 EURs was too much for 3 days in this country and I traded 1000 RSDs for 9.95 (I gave him 5 cents) EURs with this Macedonian man.

Delicious Lamb in Beograde

6:30PM Djordje picked me up and took me to the busiest streets and we ate there. Well, I ate some baked lamb (460 RSDs), which was excellent and he just had a beer (160 RSDs). He then took me to the fortress and the park by the lake, which had a good view of the city.

 Park in Beograde

11PM We went to a bar for about 2 hours and met his Italian friend, who decided that he liked Belgrade so much that he was going to live there. At 1AM, we went to this club next to the river. The scene was good but in totality, it was a little disappointing.  We went to a place called Blow Up before moving on to the clubs next to the river, which were very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment