Monday, June 22, 2015

May 8th, 2015 Chobe to Victoria Falls

May 8th, 2015

5:30AM I woke up at 5. It wasn't as cold as yesterday. We had some cereal and went on another drive.








9AM We picked up our stuff to leave for the Zimbabwe border. The cook recommended me to go to Mama Africa and In Da Belly for game meat.


11AM We reached the border and I left the tour to find myself some game meat. I asked them to do half impala and half warthog. The pig was better and more tender. The toffee shake was pretty good.
1PM After 1.5 hours with Victoria Falls, I left for Livingstone.  The walk to the border was about 2 miles. I used the path on the bridge, on the other of which people were bungee jumping.

 






3PM The taxi driver took me to reserve a seat for the night bus to Lusaka.  We drove for the microlight, which was an awesome experience (170 USDs). You fly over the fall for a few minutes. Just you and the pilot and you are suspended in air, sort of like a glider.

Microlight aviation

5PM He was very nice driving me back after waiting for me at the microlight.  I paid him 100 after getting 550 from the ATM. I had some crocodile for dinner (68 ZMWs).  I then went to buy some biltong and some soft drinks.


Crocodile 

8PM I passed the middle of town, which was just some cafes on the main street.  I walked to the bus station, where I met Moses, who walked me back to the cafe to use the Internet after I made my purchase for the ticket for the bus at 10:30PM.  We talked some about social issues and religion.
10PM After walking back to the station, I found this Shanghainese guy, who is settling here with a construction business. He has no complaints other than the slow Internet and the prevalence of AIDS.
10:30PM I departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment