Monday, June 22, 2015

May 1st, 2015 Swakopmund to Solitaire

May 1st, 2015

6:15AM I woke and thought it was 7:15 due to the time difference and went around town searching for a shuttle that went to Solitaire.  It is May Day Workers' day. No one was up and the best thing I found was going to Windhoek for 260 NADs.


9:30AM  I found a group at desert explorer, who were on the 3 day tour. They said they'd call Amanipuri to tell me if I could join their tour. I then went back to Amanpuri.  A taxi driver took me back Amanpuri.  He wanted 2000 to go to Sossusvlei and  Windhoek and more for the time i spend at Sossusvlei . I decide to wait and call that 3 day tour company. They wouldn't take me because they needed a girl because their only room left is for girls and they wouldn't consider giving me a paid lift.  I am going back to the Germans.


Desert explorer

10AM I took the taxi to get him the 20 NADs. He didn't want to take me to Skeleton Lodges so I found a paramedic who drove me a few blocks with my luggage.  The Germans were just waking up and we didn't leave until 11:30.


2PM We arrived at Solitaire but I had no transport. I threw up a little powerade.  There was no one going to Sossusvlei so I took a room for 700 NADs.




Earlier on the ride







No comments:

Post a Comment