Monday, June 22, 2015

April 29th, 2015 Piet Retief to Capetown, Africa

1AM I had to stop because I couldn't drive anymore. I had almost hit an eland. I slept for 1.5 hours on the side of the road.
3AM I had to take another break for 1.5 hours even with an energy drink.
5AM I started driving again but will miss my time by 2 hours.

Outside Lesotho

7AM I crossed the border to Lesotho. There is nothing in Maseru. I left after 20 minutes. I was told that it is a 12 hour drive so I opted to go to Bloemfontein for a flight to Capetown.
10AM I arrived at Bloemfontein and booked for a flight for 1028.72 ZARs, which is a little more expensive than normal  (800-900 ZARs).


Cheap flight to Cape Town

3PM Mike and his girlfriend Jo picked me up from the airport. It took 15 minutes. He asked me where I would like to go. I knew Simon's town was far so I told him penguins were on the top of my list. He said okay and we have to go now so we started driving.














4:45PM We arrived at Simon's town. It was almost an hour away. Tickets were 60 ZARs.
6PM We went to a cafe restaurant. I had an ostrich/lamb burger. I heard ostrich is leaner than turkey. It was decent. I paid for their dinner (354 ZARs)
8PM We had some beers. I had a Jack Black, which is a South African beer at Banana Jam Bar. I paid for drinks as well (119 ZARs) as they agreed to take me in the morning to Table View Mountain to take pictures there.
10PM I called Cherie. She had emailed me saying Anthony and Kerim haven't been able to reach me. She sounded very sick. Their shower was somewhat cold. I also got a lovely Cor before I went to sleep.



Ostrich burger

No comments:

Post a Comment