Monday, June 22, 2015

May 16th, 2015 Kigali, Rwanda

3AM There were so many mosquitoes. I finally walked back to the airport. However, Precision didn't let me stand by for the 6AM flight.
8AM The Kenya Airway representative finally showed up.  First, she said my flight was okay.  She tried to find an alternative to Entebbe, but it was over 500 USDs.  Whenever I asked her to give up, she says I had time. Finally. When she decided to issue a ticket, it failed. I still had to pay for the change fee even though Priceline said I didn't need it. I had no choice but to pay 65 USDs.  She didn't want to give a receipt so I tried to take a video of me giving her the money. She called the security and I deleted the original since I feared that she was going to put me on the 3PM flight. She finally calmed down and I was on my way to NBO.

Tilapia at Nairobi

11AM I arrived  and shared a taxi with a couple of Chinese people to the center. I had lunch for 490 KES and went back to take my flight at 1:30PM. I paid the driver 21 USDs for all the driving. The Chinese guys said it should be around 15 USDs each way.


Nairobi

4PM I left for Kigali.
4:30PM There was an one hour time difference so I arrived at 4:30. Jackson from the Rwanda safari picked me up from the airport to go to the office.  I wasn't so convinced about paying for another permit.
5PM He sent me to Discovery Youth Hostel, which was a pretty good one.  They had live music and it was interesting talking to the different people who worked here in different NGOs or other organisations.  There was Dominic from Germany, who told me about his adventures, his Serengeti tour with his girlfriend. The one he used was Basecamp Serengeti, which had permanent tents with beds and bathrooms for 12 days, $2800.
9PM I took a milkshake, a shower and finally slept on a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment